Seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong welcomed the birth of his fifth child Monday, announcing the joyous occasion via Twitter.
“Olivia Marie Armstrong has arrived!” Armstrong tweeted at approximately 2:00am ET.
This is the professional cycling legend’s second child with girlfriend Anna Hansen. Armstrong has three other children with ex-wife Kristin Richard, including a son and twin daughters.
Armstrong set up a Twitter account for his latest offspring in April under the moniker, Cincoarmstrong.
On Sunday, a tweet from the yet-to-be-born daughter read, “I’m ‘bout read to get outta here!”
Olivia became Armstrong’s second naturally-conceived child after undergoing chemotherapy and surgery for testicular cancer in 1996. His other children were conceived using sperm Armstrong banked prior to receiving his treatments.
To read the whole story, visit here: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/cycling_legend_lance_armstrong_welcomes_1b55oAL1uG1fE69nkWFnmL
MOST POPULARAG2R La Mondiale Alberto Contador Amgen Tour of California Andy Schleck BMX Bradley Wiggins Cadel Evans Cervélo Chris Froome Cyclo-cross Doping Euskaltel-Euskadi Fabian Cancellara Garmin Giro d'Italia HTC Lance Armstrong Levi Leipheimer Liquigas Lotto Mark Cavendish Mountain Biking Movistar Olympics Omega Pharma Paris-Roubaix Pat McQuaid Peter Sagan Philippe Gilbert QuickStep Rabobank RadioShack Road Cycling Ryder Hesjedal Saxo Bank Taylor Phinney Team Sky Tom Boonen Tour de France Track Cycling Trek Tyler Farrar UCI Vincenzo Nibali WorldTour
- Kenny Butler’s Leadville bike equipped for his prosthetic
- Jim Penseyres Ride to Recovery Rider at the Leadville Trail 100
- Rodgers on Stage 20
- Sean Yates on Sky’s success at the 2012 TdF
- Wiggins jumps on team car after winning the 2012 Tour De France
- Cadel Evans on his 2012 Tour de France
- Dave Brailsford on Cav after Stage 18
- Wilfried Peeters on Quick Steps 2012 Tour De France
- Rusch after the Rush: Silver Rush 50 was really heads up
- Roche on Stage 17 and his own GC standing