The International Cycling Union (UCI) is concerned to learn that the Spanish round of the UCI Women Road World Cup, the GP Ciudad de Valladolid, has been suspended.
The GP Ciudad de Valladolid was part of the prestigious World Cup series from 2005 to 2007 and again in 2010 and 2011.
This year it was scheduled for June 3rd.
UCI President Mr Pat McQuaid declared, “The UCI is particularly sensitive to the development of women’s cycling, and it is of great concern to learn that the Spanish round of the World Cup has been suspended. We would dearly like to help find a solution to this problem for the future and we are in contact with the organisers to study what measures can be taken.”
UCI Press Services
To read the whole story, visit here: http://www.uci.ch/Modules/ENews/ENewsDetails.asp?id=ODAxMQ&MenuId=MTI2Mjc
MOST POPULARAG2R La Mondiale Alberto Contador Amgen Tour of California Andy Schleck BMX Bradley Wiggins Cadel Evans Cervélo Chris Froome Cyclo-cross Doping Euskaltel-Euskadi Fabian Cancellara Garmin Giro d'Italia HTC Lance Armstrong Levi Leipheimer Liquigas Lotto Mark Cavendish Mountain Biking Movistar Olympics Omega Pharma Paris-Roubaix Pat McQuaid Peter Sagan Philippe Gilbert QuickStep Rabobank RadioShack Road Cycling Ryder Hesjedal Saxo Bank Taylor Phinney Team Sky Tom Boonen Tour de France Track Cycling Trek Tyler Farrar UCI Vincenzo Nibali WorldTour
- Kenny Butler’s Leadville bike equipped for his prosthetic
- Jim Penseyres Ride to Recovery Rider at the Leadville Trail 100
- Rodgers on Stage 20
- Sean Yates on Sky’s success at the 2012 TdF
- Wiggins jumps on team car after winning the 2012 Tour De France
- Cadel Evans on his 2012 Tour de France
- Dave Brailsford on Cav after Stage 18
- Wilfried Peeters on Quick Steps 2012 Tour De France
- Rusch after the Rush: Silver Rush 50 was really heads up
- Roche on Stage 17 and his own GC standing