DENVER, May 24, 2012 — /PRNewswire/ – Colorado will take center stage as one of the world’s top cycling destinations once again with the return of the USA Pro Cycling Challenge winding through 12 host cities and towns this August. A line-up of brand new bike-centric events and offerings will further enhance Colorado’s reputation as the state of cycling, showcasing trails, paths, bike parks and bike sharing programs for every kind of cyclist from commuters to racers. To view the full release visit: http://ow.ly/b6Tws, and for more information visit www.COLORADO.com.
This summer, explore what’s new in Colorado on two wheels. Below is a sampling:
NEW Cycling Events:
- Western State College of Colorado’s cycling team is sponsoring a new bicycle gran fondo, the West Elk Bicycle Classic (September 2, 2012) with two length options, 130-miles and 100-miles.
- The inaugural Pedal the Plains bicycle tour (September 21-23, 2012) is an annual three-day ride across Colorado’s High Plains.
- Cyclists of all ages and abilities can participate in the new Tour of Vail (September 29-30, 2012), a non-competitive and fully supported bike marathon tour of the Vail Valley to benefit local charities.
NEW Bike Features:
- Mountain Village Bike Park in Mountain Village is adding additional trails, including 3/4 mile of new black diamond trails, which are expected to be completed by June.
- Pikes Peak Mountain Bike Tours is offering a new route that traverses 18 miles and combines beautiful scenery with team-building initiatives designed to build trust and communication skills.
- In Aspen, the Little Nell’s biking program continues to evolve, with the addition of an exclusive fleet of Orbea road, mountain and cruiser bicycles made in the Basque Country of Spain.
- The San Juan Hut Systems proudly announces the new Durango to Moab mountain bike route, a 7-day, 215-mile mountain bike journey from Durango, Colorado to Moab, Utah for upper intermediate to advanced riders.
- The irreverent weekly Denver Cruiser Ride has partnered with the Civic Center Conservancy and Denver Parks Recreation to host four nights of FREE Bike-In Movies beginning mid-July.
- Boulder’s Valmont Bike Park, the largest free urban bike park in America, gets ready to celebrate its first birthday. This 40-acre off-road bike park
To read the whole story, visit here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/05/24/4513870/colorado-debuts-cycling-events.html
MOST POPULARAG2R La Mondiale Alberto Contador Amgen Tour of California Andy Schleck BMX Bradley Wiggins Cadel Evans Cervélo Chris Froome Cyclo-cross Doping Euskaltel-Euskadi Fabian Cancellara Garmin Giro d'Italia HTC Lance Armstrong Levi Leipheimer Liquigas Lotto Mark Cavendish Mountain Biking Movistar Olympics Omega Pharma Paris-Roubaix Pat McQuaid Peter Sagan Philippe Gilbert QuickStep Rabobank RadioShack Road Cycling Ryder Hesjedal Saxo Bank Taylor Phinney Team Sky Tom Boonen Tour de France Track Cycling Trek Tyler Farrar UCI Vincenzo Nibali WorldTour
- Kenny Butler’s Leadville bike equipped for his prosthetic
- Jim Penseyres Ride to Recovery Rider at the Leadville Trail 100
- Rodgers on Stage 20
- Sean Yates on Sky’s success at the 2012 TdF
- Wiggins jumps on team car after winning the 2012 Tour De France
- Cadel Evans on his 2012 Tour de France
- Dave Brailsford on Cav after Stage 18
- Wilfried Peeters on Quick Steps 2012 Tour De France
- Rusch after the Rush: Silver Rush 50 was really heads up
- Roche on Stage 17 and his own GC standing